We grew up eagerly looking forward to Thanksgiving each year- the smell of the turkey in the oven, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce left a pleasant memory that lasted us through the whole rest of the year!
Whenever I got a little inkling of nostalgia for that feeling of a full stomach and an even fuller heart, I needed to find a way to have a little taste of it, and this sandwich was the answer to bring some of those amazing Thanksgiving flavors to any ordinary lunch.
- Lightly toasted bread
- 2 chicken breasts (boiled, shredded)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp strained yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper
- One by one, mix in chicken, walnuts, celery, and dried cranberries until well-coated
- Spoon cranberry chicken mixture onto bread
- Tastes great as an open-faced sandwich, but great on the go as a regular sandwich as well!