It’s too easy for salads to be lackluster, but this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad proves that they can also be anything but lackluster!
So how do we define a wonderful salad? Easy. It’s the kind of salad that you would willingly and happily choose over a non-salad option. This Roasted Sweet Potato Salad accomplishes exactly that.
The sweet potatoes come out of the oven sweet, salty, spicy, and just a little crisp, and are almost the star of the show. The other star? The Honey Lime Vinaigrette that’s absolutely packed with flavor, and captures the perfect balance of sour, slightly sweet, and spicy. When the two are combined, it’s a simply perfect combination, made better by the crunch of the pumpkin seeds, the slight bite of the onions, and the sweetness of the carrots.
It’s basically that very rare yet wonderful kind of salad that’s filling, actually healthy, yet absolutely delicious!
One thing to note as you look through the recipe is that the quantities are based on making either four salads that could work as sides, or two salads that would work as mains… although thus far, this salad has been such a hit for us that we’ve gone for the larger serving every single time!
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 2/3 cup finely sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tbs mustard
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in olive oil, place on a baking tray, and sprinkle with paprika, cinnamon, and salt
- Place the tray in the oven until the outside of the sweet potatoes crisp slightly (approximately 15 minutes)
- Meanwhile, combine the mixed greens with the carrots and onions, and divide between each individual salad bowl
- Once the roasted sweet potatoes are ready, remove from the oven and spoon onto each salad, and then sprinkle the pumpkin seeds
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients, and drizzle over each salad.