I’m VERY picky about my soups, but this Coconut Lemongrass Carrot Soup definitely makes the cut for me. It’s the kind of soup that feels like a meal, instead of a warm vegetable juice!
In theory, soups are absolutely fantastic- they’re a really good way for the whole family to get lots of concentrated nutrition. But, just like my philosophy on all other healthy things, they should be satisfying and delicious… and sometimes soups have trouble jumping that hurdle.
This Coconut Lemongrass Carrot Soup, on the other hand, has the creamiest texture and the most wonderful blend of flavors. There’s richness from the coconut milk, zest from the lemongrass, and a little pop of flavor from the lime. Of course, the ingredients are super clean, and the process is really really simple, which makes it an all-around winner. It doesn’t hurt that each serving looks like a little bowl of sunshine!
- 2 cups carrot, diced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Place a pot over medium-high heat, and heat up the coconut oil
- Add in the garlic, and sautee until golden
- Add the celery, carrot, and water, and allow to cook until the carrot softens
- Mix in 1 cup coconut milk, lemongrass, and 1 tsp of salt, and bring to a boil
- Once the soup starts to thicken, remove the lemongrass, and transfer to a food processor, and blend until smooth
- Return to heat and stir in remaining coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt, paprika, and lime juice
- Once everything is well-combined, remove from heat and serve!