Sometimes you need a little comfort food, but don’t want the guilt that often comes with traditional comfort food. On days like that, I find that this chicken soup is exactly the thing! All the comfort, all the warmth, none of the guilt. Added bonus? Kids love it too!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Saute onions with olive oil and salt in a medium size pot until onions soften a little
- Add carrots and celery. Stir until ingredients are combined
- Add water, and cover, allowing to simmer for 7-10 minutes
- Boil chicken breasts until tender, shred, and add to soup while simmering
- Enjoy as a light lunch, on a rainy day, as a sneaky healthy meal for kids, or anytime you need a good wholesome pick-me-up!