Creamy, flavorful, yet not a carb or ounce of dairy in sight! We are SO into these lettuce wraps around here as a delicious lunch- the lettuce gives a nice crisp contrast to the creamy chicken. These also couldn’t be easier to make- put all your ingredients in one place, and that’s really it.
I highly recommend only making as many wraps as you plan on eating, and saving the rest of the filling to use later. It tastes even better the next day, and works really well to make a plain salad more exciting, or on its own as a snack.
If you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even layer it over some nachos, and top with shredded cheese and hot sauce for nachos with an Asian-inspired spin!
- 3 chicken breasts, minced
- 1 head bibb or iceberg lettuce
- 2/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbs light soy sauce
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs chopped spring onions/scallions
- 1 1/2 tbs Sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs sesame oil, and add minced garlic
- Once the garlic starts to turn golden, add grated ginger, and chopped red onions, and cook until the onions turn translucent
- Add the minced chicken, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, Sriracha and remaining sesame oil, and stir together continuously on medium heat
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, stir in the spring onions
- Remove from heat, and spoon into the lettuce; garnish with additional spring onions