There’s nothing not to love about this Creamy Coconut Okra Curry! It’s incredibly flavorful… but filled with nothing but simple, clean ingredients. It also happens to be a three step recipe, so you can get an amazing, healthy dinner on the table with minimal effort.
I’m a huge fan of light and clean recipes that actually feel really rich, like my Immunity Boosting Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa and my Vegan Tomato Mushroom Curry. But this recipe in particular is a standout for me because okra is a fantastic addition to any diet. It’s high in dietary fiber and antioxidants, and contains some key vitamins and minerals, like vitamin B, calcium, and potassium. The only catch is that it tends to be a hit or miss when it comes to taste!
This Creamy Coconut Okra Curry recipe will definitely change that and get even the pickiest eaters in your home to give okra a chance. It pairs perfectly with some brown rice or cauliflower rice, but it also tastes pretty great on its own! It also holds up really well for a couple days, so it’s meal prep friendly.
- 1 medium size tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced okra
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Place the coconut oil, onion, ginger, green chili, and paprika in a large skillet, and sautee until the onion turns translucent
- Mix in the okra and tomato, and allow both to cook through, stirring frequently
- Pour in the almond milk, tomato paste, and salt, and bring to a simmer
- Cook until the desired consistency is reached, and enjoy!