If cauliflower can be anything these days- rice, mash, pizza- then this Roasted Cauliflower Steak is proof of that!
One of my favorite things to do is to take overlooked vegetables and find ways to make then intriguing (remember the mushrooms in my vegan bolognese or the zucchini brownies?). This has got to be one of my favorite results, to date!
The marinade for this Roasted Cauliflower Steak tastes so rich and robust, and though each steak is perfectly tender on the inside, it’s crisp on the outside. Although I know I say this about lots of my vegan or vegetarian recipes, I’ll say it again: this is one that’s going to be popular even with the meat eaters in your home!
If you need any more convincing to make this Roasted Cauliflower Steak a part of your life, it’s probably the simplest cooking process possible. Just mix up the marinade, put it on your sliced cauliflower, and then throw everything in the oven!
So, there you have it: a delicious, fun way to get all the health benefits of cauliflower into your diet, that takes nearly no effort, and will satisfy the vegans and non-vegetarians alike!
- 2 cauliflower heads
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius
- Slice your cauliflowers, ensuring you’re cutting through the core to get full slices (you’ll only get a couple full slices from each cauliflower, but hold onto the other florets… the big ones can be used here too and you can save the smaller ones for some cauliflower rice)
- In a shallow bowl, mix up all the other ingredients to make the marinade
- Place your cauliflower slices in the bowl and carefully toss them in the marinade until they are all well coated
- Shake off the excess marinade and lay the cauliflower on a baking tray
- Cover with a sheet of foil, and place in the oven
- After 7 minutes, remove the sheet of foil, and then cook until the cauliflower browns and crisps (approximately 30-35 minutes)
- Remove, allow to cool, and enjoy!