Both immunity-boosting, and super creamy and delicious, this Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa makes the perfect weeknight dinner. The leftovers also work really well as a side for some grilled chicken or roasted veggies.
Not only is this recipe loaded with antioxidants, but it’s also great for your skin, and anti-inflammatory… which, in other words, can help counteract the effects of stress on your system.
Choosing anti-inflammatory foods is always important, but especially right now, it should be a priority, and this recipe is an easy and tasty way to do just that for the whole family!
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin (or butternut squash), cubed
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Place the pumpkin, carrot, and onion, along with 2 cups of water, 1/2 tsp salt, and 5 bay leaves in a large pot
- Bring to a boil, and allow the pumpkin and carrot to soften completely
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the quinoa, 2 cups of water, and the coconut oil, and allow the quinoa to cook
- Once the pumpkin and carrots have softened completely, transfer roughly 2/3 of the mixture to a food processor (not the bay leaves though!) and blend until smooth, with 1/2 tsp salt, cinnamon, paprika, and turmeric
- When the quinoa is mostly cooked, add the remaining boiled onions, pumpkin, carrots, and bay leaves from the pot, the puree, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2/3 cup yogurt
- Stir well and allow to cook until you’re happy with the consistency