In a house where we’ve tried almost every kind of pancake out there, these White Chocolate Yogurt Pancakes have definitely made an impression. And with good reason too… they are some of THE fluffiest pancakes we’ve every had! We all actually love watching them cook because you can actually see them rise and fluff up!
Of course, it doesn’t hurt that all the fluffiness comes without any butter at all. In fact, these White Chocolate Yogurt Pancakes are filled with protein, and the white chocolate chips give just the lightest bit of sweetness and flavor. Now, of course, if you’re looking for something sweeter, just go ahead and add in the optional maple syrup!There are so many options for the way you top these as well. You can go the traditional route with some maple syrup, but they also go fantastically well with some homemade strawberry topping, blueberries, and we’ve even enjoyed ours with some lemon marmalade before!
We’ve filed these into our regular rotation, and we’re feeling pretty good about it. Most of all because it feels as indulgent as some of our other more indulgent favorites, but with almost none of the actual indulgence!
A few recipe notes:
- You can easily swap the flour blend for 2/3 cup all purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
- Greek yogurt is ideal, but if you use regular yogurt, the batter will be slightly runnier and the pancakes won’t be quite as fluffy (but still very fluffy!)
- As you pour the batter on your griddle or skillet, don’t try and spread it as thin as you would for traditional pancakes; if they’re slightly thicker they have more room to rise, which means fluffier pancakes!
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- White chocolate chips (as many as you want!)
- Place a skillet on medium/high heat at the very beginning to ensure it’s evenly heated by the time the batter is ready
- Combine the oat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly, and then beat in the greek yogurt
- Mix the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients, and whisk to ensure everything is well incorporated
- Stir in the vanilla extract, maple syrup (if you choose to use it), and white chocolate chips
- Spray the skillet with a cooking spray of your choice, and then spoon the batter onto the hot skillet- as the batter is thicker in consistency, you will have to nudge it just a little to spread, but don’t make it too thin, or else you’ll lose some of the wonderful fluffiness!
- Allow the pancakes to cook until little bubbles start to emerge, and you see the pancakes rise a little
- Flip over and cook for just a little bit (around 30 seconds)
- Plate and serve your super fluffy pancakes!