Pancakes are a must in our house on the weekends, but these Vegan Banana Pancakes make it possible to eat them on weekdays too! They’re as nutritionally complete as they are delicious and will take less time to make than a bowl of oats, which is great for busy mornings.
These Vegan Banana Pancakes are also going to be an excellent option for anyone in your home who needs a little nutritional boost (not just kids!). They deliver a solid dose of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, Omega-3, and lots of fiber. They’re great for your gut, wonderful for keeping your blood sugar stable, and are anti-inflammatory. The ingredients are incredibly simple, and don’t include any added sugar or sweeteners.
Of course, these pancakes are also absolutely delicious! They’re amazing on their own, as a grab and go snack, with some peanut butter before a workout, with some sliced bananas as a weekday breakfast, or, our favorite, warm with some maple syrup on a Saturday morning!
- 2 bananas (the riper the better)
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 3 tbs hot water
- 2 tbs almond milk
- 1.5 tbs flax meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place a skillet on medium heat (it’s important you do it at the beginning, so it’s evenly heated by the time your batter is ready!)
- Make your flax egg by mixing the flax meal and the hot water together, and setting aside
- Combine the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Separately, mash the bananas with the vanilla extract and almond milk, and add in your flax egg when it develops a gel-like consistency
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one
- Spray your skillet with the spray or oil of your choice, and then drop spoonfuls of batter onto it
- Flip over when bubbles emerge on the surface, cook for another few seconds, and serve!