These Fluffy Banana Breakfast Muffins are going to completely change your breakfast experience! Why? Well, they have the most wonderful light and fluffy texture, but still manage to feel rich and deliver all the flavor of good old fashioned banana bread. The best part is that they’re also perfectly nutritionally balanced.
Each muffin delivers a fantastic combination of protein, fiber, and fats to fuel up for the day, and contains absolutely no added sugar. You’ll never have to think twice before grabbing one of these on the go, or feeding them to the whole family! Speaking of which, these are extremely kid-friendly.
Could you ever imagine convincing your child to eat eggs along with a bowl of oatmeal with bananas and flax seeds? Probably not the easiest proposition! On the other hand, these Fluffy Banana Breakfast Muffins take almost no convincing.
These muffins are great for breakfast, but they also make a fantastic snack. If you want to use them as a dessert substitute or just take things up a notch, you can also pair them with some delicious “Breakfast Frosting.” We’ve also really enjoyed adding some Lily’s Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips when we’re looking for more of a sweet treat.
No matter how you choose to enjoy these, there’s no denying that they’ll definitely make your life easier and tastier! They take less than 20 minutes to whip up, from start to finish, and one batch will solve for all your snacking and breakfast needs for a couple days.
There’s really nothing not to love about these, so get ready to meet your new favorite baked good!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the egg yolk
- One by one, mix in the oat flour, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, flaxmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Place the egg whites in a blender, and blend until frothy (alternatively, you can also use a hand mixer if you’ve got a couple extra minutes)
- Fold the egg whites into the batter
- Pour the batter into a prepared 12-muffin tin, and place in the oven for 10 minutes