I’m a huge fan of sneaking in extra vegetables wherever possible, and these vegan carrot cake pancakes are one of the best ways to do exactly that… and, of course, in a delicious way!
These pancakes have all the moistness, texture, and spice of a good carrot cake, but are completely vegan, and loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and even some good fats, courtesy of the added coconut.
They’re great for adults and for kids, and make a perfect balanced breakfast, or an ideal on-the-go snack. If you’re looking for a low-guilt indulgence, try topping them with some maple syrup, honey, or even some cream cheese.
There are days when you want to go all out and dive into some no holds barred pancakes, but trust me when I say that these are the pancakes for all the other days!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar (Optional)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Place a skillet or griddle on medium heat (do this right at the beginning to make sure it’s evenly heated by the time your batter is ready!)
- Combine oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt
- Stir in the almond milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil
- Incorporate the shredded carrot and coconut, bit by bit, until well combined. For best results, allow the batter to sit for just a couple minutes at this stage.
- Optional: Mix in the brown sugar
- Spray your skillet with cooking oil spray of your choice, and drop spoonfuls of the batter, allowing it to spread evenly (you might have to help it along a little!)
- Flip once the top is cooked through and little bubbles appear across the surface- don’t be surprised if this part takes a little longer than with regular pancakes
- Serve hot with maple syrup, or honey, and enjoy!