For anyone who loves Earl Grey, this Strawberry Earl Grey Baked Oatmeal is a dream come true! The top comes out just perfectly crisp, the richness of the Earl Grey is lovely, and the tartness of the strawberries keeps the flavor light and fresh.
All this, plus the added bonus that it’s very low on sugar, full of fiber and protein, and can work just as well as a weekend brunch highlight, as it would as a healthier dessert option.
A few weeks ago, we found this Earl Grey Yogurt Cake from Bon Appetit, and it was an instant hit for everyone in the family. The only hitch was that it definitely fell on the more indulgent side, and wasn’t something we could eat every day (though we wanted to!).
So, I set out to create something with all that amazing Earl Grey flavor we all loved so much, but that we actually could eat more frequently, and this baked oatmeal definitely did the trick!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs Earl Grey tea (from teabags; if loose leaf you will need more)
- 1 1/2 tbs liquified coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Prepare a 9×9 oven safe dish with a little coconut oil
- Spread the sliced strawberries evenly in the dish
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, tea, baking powder, and salt
- Separately, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut oil
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and pour evenly into the baking dish
- Bake for at least 30 minutes, or until the top is crisp
- Optional: Once the top starts to crisp, remove from the oven and lightly dust the top with powdered sugar, and replace in the oven for 5-10 minutes