Ever since I created this Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken, it’s wound up on our dinner table weekly! In part, that’s because the whole family loves it. But it’s also because this is one of my favorite things to make, at the moment.
With minimal prep time and just about 15 minutes of cooking time, this definitely qualifies as a quick and easy dish to whip up. At the same time, it’s absolutely delicious! The flavor of the feta, when combined with the spinach, and just the subtlest bite from the green chili is like a match made in heaven.
But even though this Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken may taste (and look) indulgent, it’s actually a wonderful combination of protein, greens, and some good fats. In short, it’s the perfect main to build your meal around! Boil some pasta or roast some vegetables while you’re making the chicken, and you’ll have a whole meal ready in no time at all.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup feta
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius
- Lay chicken breasts on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt, massage, and set the chicken aside
- In a large skillet, heat up remaining 1 tsp of olive oil
- Add in the minced garlic and diced onions and cook until the onions turn translucent
- Mix in the chopped spinach and green chili, and sautee until the spinach is fully cooked down
- Stir in the feta, and cook over low heat until the mixture is well combined, and remove from heat
- Spoon the spinach feta mixture onto each of the chicken breasts, distributing evenly, and fold the chicken over it
- Place in the oven and cook until the chicken just turns golden (8-10 minutes)