I have a sweet tooth. Everyone in our family does, actually. So when we find something that can effectively satisfy a sweet tooth without the guilt, we’re huge fans… and for that, these Lemon Meringue Bites are some of our favorites!
If you’re a fan of lemon meringue anything, this tastes shockingly like the real thing. Plus, the ingredients are simple, and the process is simpler!
Keep these around for when you’ve got a sugar craving, or just when you’re in the mood for a yummy snack. Of course, these are also really popular with kids, and are such a great alternative to packaged or pre-made snacks.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs shredded coconut (and more for coating and forming the bites)
- 1/2 tsp almond milk
- Place all your ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth
- Cover your work space with shredded coconut (this is important because the mix is very gooey and will stick to everything otherwise)
- Spoon some of the lemon mixture directly onto the shredded coconut, and slowly roll over the surface into a ball
- Place the bites in a bowl and refrigerate for half an hour to set